Thursday, April 23, 2015

New Blinds Make a Difference

New Blinds make a difference. And they are EASY to install!


It has been a while since I have blogged. I’ve been busy! The kids are getting older, I’ve switched jobs, I’m also more active in fitness and nutrition. But don’t worry, I haven’t stopped decorating rooms or diy’ing our house, projects, etc.

Since my last post we have finished our basement. We studded the entire basement ourselves and contracted out the rest. We spend a lot of time in the basement and I’ll give you a full tour soon.

For now, I am happy to report we have FINALLY added some blinds for privacy. And let’s be honest, to hide the ugly basement window view.

BEFORE:







AFTER:




My hubby installed these on his own. Incredibly easy to do. You basically screw in the brackets on each side of the window. Slide in the blinds and add the cover piece at the top.  Literally took us 30 minutes to do all three!

We are currently working on some summer projects and our oldest daughter is currently working on some 4H projects.


What have you been working on lately?

3 comments:

  1. First of all, your windows look lovely, and the blinds only serve to enhance that effect. Though as you’ve said, you got them to cover up the basement window view, and I think the blinds managed to do just that. Thanks for sharing, Renee!


    Steve Walton @ Blinds Shop Online

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blinds really have the ability to complete the look of a room. One great tool they can be used for is reducing the amount of light coming into a room. This can really change the look and feel of a room. As you did, blinds can also be used to block some less-than-picturesque views. Ugly views can be distracting from an other wise complete room. My wife and I have utilized blinds in almost every room in our house. Thanks for the post.

    Bob Ward @ Allure Window Treatments

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips