Monday, July 21, 2014

Getting excited about exercise

I used to dread waking up early to go exercise, but I knew I had to do it to stay healthy and fit. After a while, I started getting bored with my workouts and I kept hitting snooze, over and over and over again. I would get so mad at myself for doing it too!

I really think I have exercise ADD. I need a change-up about every three months.

All of a sudden, now I don't hit snooze anymore. It didn't even occur to me at first until I read somewhere, "Do you like early morning workouts?" YES, YES, I do! I do now.



You will read in many articles that you should schedule your workout or it won't get done. My only time to workout is early in the morning. When I say early I mean 5:30am.

I'm a busy mom and my kids are active in sports, I work full-time and mornings are "ME" time.  I never thought of my workouts before as "ME" time. But now they are, because I love my results from 21 Day FIX, I love getting up and working up a sweat to Turbo Fire and I love that I don't have to impress anyone. It's just me and the DVD.

I can now proclaim that I am excited to exercise. One thing that keeps me engaged is new and different workouts. That is one of the reasons I’m so excited that PiYO, the latest workout from Beachbody, is launching this month. In fact, it was so highly talked about Beachbody launched it early and is available NOW and ON SALE only in JULY!

Who wants to do this with me? Come on, let's try something new! If you want to learn more about PiYO read below...






What is PiYo?

Using body weight, PiYo uses low-impact, high-intensity movements inspired by Pilates and yoga. The result? Long, lean, muscles, a high, firm booty, and tight, flat, sexy abs. PiYo will work every single muscle to stabilize, stretch, and strengthen every inch of a body. Get that sculpted body you want to show off without jumps, without weights, and without joint strain.  And since Chalene Johnson cranked up the speed and the fun, crazy calories will be burned too!


Here’s why I’m looking forward to it

  • Low impact
  • High Intensity
  • Creates long lean muscles
  • Variety
  • Home-based Pilates and yoga-inspired workouts
  • I need to work on my core strength and I need to become more flexible

 

 This program is great for the busy mom

  • The workouts vary from 25-45 mins in length and you don’t need any equipment
  • Great music and you will move right through the workout
  • This workout treats you RIGHT, no beating yourself up with high impact jumping
  • You’ll get stronger, build core strength and have more flexibility. Definitely all qualities that are helpful in being the best mom you can be.

 

 Sound like something you’d like to do?

 

 

Health Tip of the Month - Cut Out Caffeine
Caffeine is a drug. It affects your body in numerous ways and can raise your blood pressure and cause you to have trouble sleeping. By cutting back the amount of caffeine that you consume, you are allowing your body to function the way that it needs to. Of course, many people will find this a difficult step to take, so you can begin by eliminating one cup of coffee or soda each day. Then cut back even more as you get comfortable with that amount. Your goal should be to cut caffeine out of your diet completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips